BEING BLACK IS AN HONOUR - 𝙏𝙃𝙀 π™ˆπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™π™‰ π˜Όπ™π™π™„π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™‰ π™’π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰.

  
LAGOS, NIGERIA.
 Hi guys! Allow me to take 5 minutes of your time. I want to briefly explain my ordeal of not being African to you. So I went to this African Boutique Hotel to do some photo shoots for a Fashion Line as a Brand Influencer in ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. From the building structure and designs down to the food,it’s all Afrocentric .
  I was then opportune to meet the founder of the restaurant ,he had showed me around the boutique hotel, art gallery and the African restaurant. He is an Igbo man raised in the United States of America but whom decided to come back to his motherland to embrace the rich culture and traditions. He was wearing a kente Top to match with an Ankara short. I was wearing a vintage shirt dress and i had a 30inches human hair weave - on ,reaching my butts installed on my head.
See pics below.
  
 

 
   
While i thought I was killing it with them looks and shii. I got the most shocking question and compliment from him. All at once. At the same gaddamn time!!!

He goes, “You’re such a beautiful young promising black woman. But why do you have this long hair on??  It makes you look like you’re trying to be a white lady. What happened to your 4c hair ? Aren’t you proud of it ?Why can’t you flaunt it instead ? It’s black girl magic you know ! “ .
And at that moment, I was shook !!! Was he being mean or honest ? But after all it’s modernisation, so I thought.
Days later I kept on reminiscing 

  

on that statement and kept on asking rhetorical questions like, “why be modern ? Can you be black and be modern ? Wouldn’t i look old fashioned if i embrace the culture? etc. But Fortunately for me, I’ve been able to come up with my thesis.
“ π˜›π˜π˜Œπ˜”π˜–π˜‹π˜Œπ˜™π˜•π˜ˆπ˜π˜™π˜π˜Šπ˜ˆπ˜•π˜žπ˜–π˜”π˜ˆπ˜•“ .
I’ll be discussing more on this in my next post. I mean Why be old fashioned when you can actually have a mix of both old school and new school ?
So much to say. Just so little time. See you next time. Don’t forget to like, comment,subscribe and share.
Remember, Being black is an honour because we come from greatness. 
With Love.
π™π™€π™’π™žπ™‘π™€π™—π™–.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On getting to OUIDAH - BENIN REPUBLIC PART II .

You in one word.