On getting to OUIDAH - BENIN REPUBLIC PART II .



Back to to the matter !!!!
   As i have spent an hour on the main road, my phone was already on 10%<battery low and boom my MTN  Nigerian sim was telling me no fucking signal !!!
 I JUST KNEW I WAS  DONE FOR, LEGIT.
But as i was parabulating on the main road, a guy approached and told me to go to a shop that there's an Ibo guy that understands English. so i got there, to the local champions shop, as usual ,he sells electronics so he we talked a bit and he called an okada man for me, to take me to the hotel. So i thanked him then we left. So we were threading on an  untitled road for about 30minutes and then nail chill tyre๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Hot mess ๐Ÿฅต
We pushed the bike to a vulcanizer’s place and i sat at the vulcanizers' bench . The okada man had to get another bike to get him back to town ,another journey of about 30 minutes. It wasn't funny. It was already after 6 pm as at then. They were two french speaking men (obviously) at the vulcanizers' shop. They were discussing about me i think so i just thought,let me ask these people stuffs in English if they know the hotel so they said they did. I was so happy and overwhelmed. I was asked for the hotel’s number so we called them,and gbam, the receptionist too didn’t  understand English so he told the vulcaniser to let him call him back,he'd call him back,he neeeds to get the phone to someone who does around. While we were waiting for the call, the okadaman came back with another Tyre and they were already fixing it and it was already 15 mins to 7 pm NIGERIAN time and then the hotelier called back with an Englishman and said he needed to talk to the the okadaman and he did so he told me to put my mind at ease that we'll soon be there.



As all these were going on, one of the vulgarizer's were making passes at me and i was angry but just had to keep my cool and acted natural and normal.
So here we go, we left there and we were going and going and going. Just a piece of advice my dear ones, always check the distance of how far your hotel is to the center first and not the price !!!! i repeat, always check how far your hotel is to the center first and not the price.
             While i was booking this place, i was just focus on the price, based on the fact that i wanted to make it a low budget travel trip and all so i saw this lake-house. It was the cheapest at that time and the scenery wasn't bad after all so i booked.  gbam !!!
Eyin temi, never did i know that we was going into another village/town entirely. mo ba fo sara ! That was the point i started shouting,just turn around oooo, let's go to CASA del papa, at least they'll all know there being the most popular hotel . I already gave up but still,my okadaman understoodeth nothing and he kept on speaking francais..
In a nutshell, i started reciting the LORD'S PRAYER, 'Our father,who hath in heaven,hallowed be thy name....'then straight unto psalm 23, in fact i never knew i'm that conversant with the scripture.




THEN JUST FINALLY, we reached the end of a road, practically offshore of the Atlantic ocean. The okadaman stopped without saying anything,so i figured we were already at the lake house. They were few villagers there,staring at me with my heavy luggage, couldn't decide whether it was because of my big box or something else. Two men were standing together as well too and immediately, i got off the bike,they approached me. IT WAS THEM !!!! i almost cried, i mean tears of joy....
But another problem is, they were all men at the lake-house,offshore, onshore(fishermen) ,HEFTY MEN!!!!!!!
And so i started having a bad feeling,and i got scared again...........to be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You in one word.